Consistent with our longstanding tradition, Lexington Soccer Association each year offers the opportunity for up to 4 Lexington High School seniors to earn a scholarship toward their college education. We offer a total of $3,000 in scholarships awarded in values of $1,000 (2) and $500 (2). This is not an academic scholarship and you need not participate in soccer in high school to be eligible. Applicants must submit completed applications with the necessary documents and letters of recommendation, and must meet pre-requisites and criteria described below:
Scholarships are based on the following criteria:
- Must be a graduating Lexington High School senior to apply.
- Applicants must achieve a 2.5 GPA or above.
- Scholarship applications and required documents must be submitted no later than April 15.
- Applicants must have been registered and participated in a Lexington Soccer Association program for at least 4 years.
Checklist for scholarship application
- Complete the Lexington Soccer Association Scholarship Application
- Submit a copy of your most recent high school transcript.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Not a requirement, but we ask that applicants provide a past photograph of themselves dressed in their LSA uniform (from league pictures or another photo you may have). This is something fun for our scholarship committee to have as part of their review, and we may share the picture on our website or Facebook page when announcing scholarship winners.
* By submitting a picture, applicants authorize LSA to use the image as described above.
What you need to know:
Completed applications and requested documents can be submitted via email to: [email protected]
- Scholarship awards are for the upcoming academic year starting in the fall immediately after high school graduation.
- Scholarship grant dollars will be sent directly to the college after satisfactory completion of the fall semester.
- Scholarship winners must submit a copy of your fall semester college transcript to Lexington Soccer Association, showing that you passed all classes.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform Lexington Soccer Association of any change in school.
- If a student fails to remain in good academic standing with their college or they withdraw from the school after fall semester, any scholarship awarded will be forfeited.
- The scholarship is a single one-time payout and is not a recurring payment or award.